Steps to Selling a Home
There are six typical steps to successfully selling a home. I’ll be there to guide you through them when you choose me as your agent.
1) Price Your Home Correctly – I’ll assist you with this important step by providing you with insight into how the market works as well as comparable homes that are active, pending, and sold. I’ll walk you through a market analysis of those homes in order to help you determine a realistic, competitive asking price that will cause your home to sell and net you as much as you possibly can. This step is vital to a successful sale, so I’ll seek to provide you with all the information that you need to price your home correctly.
2) Prepare Your Home to Impress Buyers – I’ll provide you with recommendations for preparing your home to impress buyers, and schedule a professional photographer to take high quality pics of your home. If I think it will help, I’ll offer to provide a floor plan, a 3D virtual tour, and/or aerial pics. I’ll do whatever makes sense to bring in the buyers and offers.
3) Market Your Home with Complete Exposure – 90% of buyers are working with agents, so listing it on the MLS will be the most important step I’ll take toward giving your home complete exposure. Your home will also be syndicated out to over 200 websites including all of the popular ones such as Zillow.com and Realtor.com. Furthermore, it will be strategically marketed to potential buyers through powerful digital ad campaigns on premium websites as well as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN and Twitter. Your home will have complete exposure!
4) Accept the Best Offer – I’ll provide you with a summary of any offers that come in as well as insight into any terms or conditions that are important to consider. If you receive more than one offer around the same time, I can share tactics we can use to get the highest and best price and terms. I’ll use skill, tact, and experience to negotiate the best offer for you.
5) Navigate Inspection & Appraisal Results – Most buyers will make their offer contingent upon satisfactory home inspection results. And, unless it is a cash offer or there is an appraisal guarantee, it will be contingent upon appraising at or above the contracted sales price. I’ll be there to help you navigate through any issues that may need to be addressed or negotiated.
6) Close & Celebrate – After we navigate inspection and appraisal results, we’ll need to wait until final underwriting is complete and we’re given a “clear to close” by the lender. Once that happens, we’ll be able to set the closing date and time. Closing day is always an exciting day. Your home will be sold and you’ll receive the proceeds you’ve been waiting for. You’ll be ready to fulfill any plans or dreams that you have for those funds. It’s time to celebrate!
I’d be happy to send you a Pre-listing Information Packet that provides further insight into each of these steps. Feel free to reach out for assistance and we’ll go from there.